need help on my javascript plasmoid

Gerhard Gappmeier gerhard.gappmeier at ascolab.com
Wed Jul 22 13:15:13 CEST 2009

The QHttp and QFtp class were forbidden a while ago for all the plasma
(or the whole kde4?) code.
So I think it will not be possible to use that from script too.
Please correct me when this is wrong.

The native code uses KIO now instead.
http://api.kde.org/4.2-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kio/html/classKIO_1_1TransferJob.html

Marco Martin schrieb:
> On Wednesday 22 July 2009, Patrick Aljord wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I've been following the Getting Started tutorial on techbase and it works
>> great. Since then, I've been trying to use QHttp and other Qt classes in my
>> main.js file but the plasmoid fails. I'm trying to download an xml file
>> such as in this amarok script example:
>> http://amarok.kde.org/forum/index.php?topic=17084.0
>>
>> Something like that:
>>

> in amarok js bindings are complete and autogenerated.
> for now in plasma hey are just a tiny subset and you can call only stuff
> explicitly exported by libplasma
> probably in the future we will have complete bindings too
>

>> Importer.loadQtBinding( "qt.core" );
>> Importer.loadQtBinding( "qt.xml" );
>>
>> xmlUrl = new QUrl( "http://ws.audioscrobbler.com" );
>> http   = new QHttp;
>>
>> Any idea why it fails? By the way, how do I get any debugging? When I
>> do "plasmoidviewer ." I just get the plasmoid with the "Script
>> initialization failed" message, nothing more.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Pat

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards

*Gerhard Gappmeier*
ascolab GmbH - automation systems communication laboratory
Tel.: +49 9131 691 123
Fax: +49 9131 691 128
Web: http://www.ascolab.com
GPG-Key: http://www.ascolab.com/gpg/gg.asc

--
*ascolab GmbH*
Geschäftsführer: Gerhard Gappmeier, Matthias Damm, Uwe Steinkrauß