KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets/kickoff/core

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Jul 21 16:08:40 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 21 July 2009, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday 20 July 2009, David Faure wrote:
> > On Saturday 11 July 2009, Michael Jansen wrote:
> > > SVN commit 994994 by mjansen:
> > >
> > > Fix runtime warning:
> > >
> > >     type=Qt::AutoConnection) at
> > > /home/mjansen/kde/trunk/src/qtmaster/src/corelib/kernel/qobject.cpp:2534
> > > at
> > > /home/mjansen/kde/trunk/src/kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets/kickoff/core
> > >/applicationmodel.cpp:280
> > >
> > > CCMAIL: plasma-devel at kde.org
> > >
> > >  M  +1 -1      applicationmodel.cpp
> > >

> > > ---
> > > trunk/KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets/kickoff/core/applicationmodel.
> > >cpp #994993:994994 @@ -277,7 +277,7 @@
> > >      (void)new KickoffAdaptor(this);
> > >      QDBusConnection::sessionBus().registerObject("/kickoff", this);
> > >      dbus.connect(QString(), "/kickoff", "org.kde.plasma", "reloadMenu",
> > > this, SLOT(reloadMenu())); -    connect(KSycoca::self(),
> > > SIGNAL(databaseChanged()), this, SLOT(checkSycocaChange())); +
> > > connect(KSycoca::self(), SIGNAL(databaseChanged(const QStringList&)),
> > > this, SLOT(checkSycocaChange()));
> >
> > It would be a good idea to check that the stringlist includes apps or
> > xdgdata-apps and bailing out early if not. That's the whole point of the
> > argument: to not update apps stuff if e.g. only mimetypes or servicetypes
> > changed.
>
> where can i find a list of the strings that might appear in the string list
> passed in from that signal?

`kde4-config --types`, or the kstandarddirs documentation.

Although of course not all resource types are covered by ksycoca, so it's
really just a subset of these.

Let's see -- and I'll add this to the docu:
apps, services, servicetypes, xdgdata-mime.

(I just found out that the signal is ever emitted with xdgdata-apps,
changes there are emitted as "apps", since the factory for
apps desktop files handles the desktop files from xdgdata-apps
indirectly. But it doesn't seem wise to rely on that, though, seems
like an implementation detail, so let's say that xdgdata-apps could
also be emitted, in theory). Or maybe in KDE5 we'll remove "apps"
(the old applnk folder) and call xdgdata-apps simply "apps" :-)