panels and popups sliding effect

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 15:47:35 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 21 July 2009, Lucas Murray wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 11:59 AM, Lucas Murray<lmurray at undefinedfire.com>
wrote:
> > The property would look something like: _KDE_SLIDE = {x1, y1, x2, y2,
> > direction} where the two coordinates must be either exactly horizontal
> > or vertical and the direction is 0 for coming from the top/left and 1
> > is for coming from the bottom/right when the window appears. When the
> > window is closed it goes back the way it came (Changing the property
> > while the window is mapped allows you to make the window slide to a
> > different location on close). The coordinates specify the clipping
> > geometry--it starts at the coords and ends at the (Xinerama) screen
> > edge in the direction that the window specified.
>
> Two coordinates are not required, it's possible with just one value.
> Thus the property would be {coord, direction} where `direction` is 0 =
> left, 1 = right, 2 = top, 3 = bottom and `coord` specifies either the
> starting X or Y position, depending on the direction.

Here we go, now the direction and the starting points are specified by the
_KDE_SLIDE atom.
and plasma::dialog sets it, it seems to work quite good.

for plasma side:
is the custom anim code in Dialog and Panel to be removed? or should be there
some kind of fallback for Compiz/Windows/whatever?

Cheers,
Marco Martin