Getting plain text from Plasma::TextEdit

HB mszubart at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 14:46:20 CEST 2009

Hello,

Is there any way to get plain text from Plasma::TextEdit?

Plasma::TextEdit is child of KTextEdit, which is child of QTextEdit (right?)

So, Plasma::TextEdit should have method toPlainText()

I'm writing in Ruby, but in comments I have placed C++ code (but not
checked it)

This is my code:

box = Plasma::TextEdit.new(self)  # C++: Plasma::TextEdit box* = new
Plasma::TextEdit::TextEdit(parent);

# ... other operations

# C++: QString tekst = box->toPlainText ();

tekst = box.toPlainText # not working 'method_missing'

# other try:

tekst = box.to_plain_text # not working 'method_missing'

# ... many other tries

Please tell me. Did Plasma::TextEdit have method for getting plain text?
(I would be pleased to get link to the documentation)

Thanks in advance.

P.S I apologize for my English.

---

Mateusz Szubart