panels and popups sliding effect

Lucas Murray lmurray at undefinedfire.com
Tue Jul 21 05:59:58 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 4:06 AM, Marco Martin<notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> oops, this is the correct one :D

I thought I mentioned that for this effect to work the way you want it
you would apply an X property on the window before mapping it.

The property would look something like: _KDE_SLIDE = {x1, y1, x2, y2,
direction} where the two coordinates must be either exactly horizontal
or vertical and the direction is 0 for coming from the top/left and 1
is for coming from the bottom/right when the window appears. When the
window is closed it goes back the way it came (Changing the property
while the window is mapped allows you to make the window slide to a
different location on close). The coordinates specify the clipping
geometry--it starts at the coords and ends at the (Xinerama) screen
edge in the direction that the window specified.

This would prevent the effect from affecting windows it's not supposed
to and will allow the window to appear from any place it wants to,
even if it's "far away" from it's final position.

--

Lucas Murray :: http://www.undefinedfire.com
GPG Fingerprint: 0B88 499E 3F5B 1405 D952  258A AD90 B4F5 90B6 3534