panels and popups sliding effect

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 23:13:00 CEST 2009

On Monday 20 July 2009, Thomas Lübking wrote:
> Am Monday 20 July 2009 schrieb Marco Martin:
> > adding (another) new type could also solve my issue with the netbook
> > shell, where kwin thinks that window is fullscreen just because has the
> > full size but not the fullscreen flag
>
> afaik that's a workaround for old apps that are not NETWM compliant, but
> err... häh?
>
> if it's an undecorated fullsize window - what's wrong with it being treated
> as fullscreen?
> you can keep it below if you want or rather tag it as desktop type... (i.e.
> what do you want to achieve)
>
> and if there's a deco, there shouldn't be a problem at all, just maximize
> it.

yeah, it's a quite unusual thing that is a bit perverse.
it is a full size, frameless window, that contains the "desktop" of the
thing..
now, i don't set the window as a desktop because i want it to show up in the
present window effect and i want to let it to go over other windows.
but the fact is that i have also a traditional panel, that is a dock, and
always on top window (i have also other always on top windows, that are the
popups of stuffs like the calendar)
what it happens is the following thing:
the panel will always stay in front of the desktop if another window is
selected
as soon as the "desktop" window gets active, it covers the panel (that is
always on top, but those can be covered by fullscreen windows)
soo, at the moment the window is kept -one- pixel smaller, lol :)