ginormous performance issue

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Jul 18 03:26:30 CEST 2009

On Friday 17 July 2009, Alexis Ménard wrote:
> I like the new method and deprecate the old one if it's not anymore needed.

the old method is just fine for "yes, cache this now" and is indeed simpler to
use (no need to ensure a unique id, e.g.), the new method would be for the "i
MAY want to cache this, but it MAY change in the near future or disappear
altogether" use case. it's probably a fairly even split between the two uses,
looking over our current code. so i don't think we'd need to deprecate any. we
could merge the two when we break BC next if the id comes last in the
signature, however.

humru othro a kohnu se