ginormous performance issue

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 21:00:46 CEST 2009

On Thursday 16 July 2009, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday 16 July 2009, Marco Martin wrote:
> > but a sick idea come to my mind: what about encoding the pointer value
> > (or another random number, whatever) into the key? :p
> > a key will have the form
> > 7635865:path_300_200_blahblah
>
> how will this work between sessions? (new pointer values)

the pointer is discarded when saved into the cache (the key has the same old
format) so it should work as before between sessions, what doesn't work i
think in the patch is that findInCache now doesn't remove the pointer from the
id, so it always fail, but making it actually remove and discard the pointer
it should work fine

> between objects with the same svg at the same size? (should share the same
> cache values)
should work, what it could happen is a double save, but an extra control could
be added

i know this soolution is a trrible hack (now a format in the id string is
required, where before it could be anything), should work, but if someone has
better solutions i am all for it.
now the question is: better this approach or moving the timers in svg and
framesvg again?

Cheers,
Marco Martin