Reworking the kwin tabbox

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 19:32:14 CEST 2009

>  * Why do we have to hold the alt key while switching? Can't we break with
> the concept? (get rid of the keyboard grab) <- here I need input from the
> usability experts. Would it be ok to break with such a concept although all
> other plattforms use it? What could be a better solution than pressing alt?
> When we break how can we provide a easy "migration path" for our users? *
> Everything the current solution provides, that is for example outlines *
> More ideas are welcome :-)

I'm not sure about this... I've been using alt-tab for a long, long time and
it's not really a conscious thing any more. :)
at the very least, I should not lose the ability to easily switch between two
windows with a simple shortcut. no multiple keypresses for that.

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com