Access kickoff classes outside the library

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Jul 15 06:54:49 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 14 July 2009, Arno Töll wrote:
> I intend to write my own plasma applet where I'd need some
> functionalities already implemented in kickoff. Particularly I find the
> program menu launcher part very useful and would be glad if I could
> reuse this widget in my own code.

that code is not intended to be re-used outside of kickoff; the classes are
not in a state to be ready to reasonably provide a public API that we can keep
binary stable.

if there is interest in such a thing, a workspace/libs/plasmamenu could be
started, much like plasmaclock, but it would need a maintainer.

> This is what the Widget _should_ look like [1] and this is, what the
> widget actually looks like [2]? What am I'm doing wrong here?

it's expecting a widget, not a popup menu. pass in a non-popup widget and it
should work just fine.

humru othro a kohnu se