Plasmate previewer

Shantanu Tushar Jha jhahoneyk at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 08:41:29 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Yuen Hoe Lim <yuenhoe86 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Shantanu,
>
> I got that one more or less sorted out already, and am now thinking
> about what's the best way to arrange the code before committing :P On
> that topic, now that I've actually tried out using a KMenu, I actually
> like it better than the overlay - it's keyboard accessible and the
> overlay has visibility problems with certain backgrounds. I'd actually
> be quite happy if we just used a KMenu all the way :P What do you
> think?

Well, I kind of like the Overlay, but it is a personal opinion, so I think
we gather others' opinion on this. Maybe on #plasma.
Even I was trying how to use a KMenu right now, but as you've already done
it, I'm eager to see it in action :)

> For now I'm implementing what we discussed - use KMenu only when it's
> small. I'll try getting my stuff committed by the end of today. In the
> meantime maybe you could help me take a look at my refresh applet
> code? At least for me, the applet always ends up being a little
> smaller post-refresh, and I'm not sure how to fix that :P

Let me check it out.

> Will get on #plasma in case you'd like to talk.

Yep, I'm there right now, come if you can :)