window management ideas

Alexander Shenoy alex.shenoy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 22:39:24 CEST 2009

I like this idea. It actually solves a problem that I have been having
forever. Opening a window on the wrong desktop and then having to move it to
another desktop. Or wishing I could have a window open only on two desktops,
but not the other two. (i.e. Konsole open on "Programming" and
"Virtualization," but not "Multimedia" and "General")
Tags would make things simple for the Window Management. The algorithm would
have to be really good at weeding out superfluous tags, however. I could
easily see adding a tag and having only one window open within it. Maybe
have a Universal tag that displays windows within all Tags? It would just
need to be designed in such a way that it doesn't turn into a kludge.

I also like the idea of the desktop effect grouping the applications. I have
this animation that I'm seeing through my minds eye and its really stellar.

Alexander Shenoy
Student
University of Pittsburgh

four.sentenc.es