Problems with configuration of Plasmoid (Python)

Alexander Fischer alexanderfischer at o2online.de
Sat Jul 4 07:24:51 CEST 2009

Am 03.07.2009, 18:52 Uhr, schrieb Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:

> On Friday 03 July 2009, Alexander Fischer wrote:
>>    content/conf/main.xml
>
> that should be config/ not conf/

Ah, thanks a lot! This fixed the error messages, except of

plasmoidviewer(4833)/libplasma Plasma::AppletPrivate::mainConfigGroup:
requesting config for "FontSizer" without a containment!

> and that should, of course, be content/config/main.xml :)

This was just a typo by writing the mail :ooops:

I hope, I'm not annoying, but I have another question referring the
Localization.
I extracted all strings with extractrc and xgettext, created a po from pot
file, create a mo file on plasmoid start (if required), which is copied to
the users LC_MESSAGES folder.

I use
KGlobal.locale().insertCatalog(self.package().metadata().pluginName())
to include the translated strings.

KGlobal.locale().language()
Returns de in my case and
KGlobal.locale().isApplicationTranslatedInto('de')
returns True, but the plasmoid and the configuration dialog use only the
hard coded en_US strings.

All this is done in a class, the plasmoid class is derived from. This
class is inspired by the actions done by the gmail-plasmoid.

Am I missing something or is my proceeding just wrong?

With best regards
Alexander Fischer