Review Request: Libkonq support for the nepomuk search runner

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sat Jan 31 15:58:38 CET 2009

On Monday 19 January 2009 18:10:46 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday 19 January 2009, Ryan P. Bitanga wrote:
> > I could write another patch for the locations runner. I think moving
> > libkonq out of apps would be a good idea but we'd have to review the
> > API somewhat more extensively. Since it abstracts file management it
> > has it's use outside of dolphin and konqueror. Could we move it to
> > kdelibs for 4.3?
>
> possibly, or perhaps some other shared location that doesn't have quite the
> same API requirements as kdelibs.
>
> David: what do you think?
>
> > Anyway, is the patch good to go if I move it apps?
>
> yes, except that i'd like to figure out what we want to do with libkonq
> first. no point in moving things back and forth, and for the Locations
> runner it's too critical to the usage of krunner to be able to rely on
> kdebase-apps being installed. it must stay in workspace.

During the boattrip at last year's Akademy, I discussed with David having
Konqi's history available more widely, especially the browserhistory runner
(which atm only uses the immediate history from konqi's addressline). I
understand that Konqi's history can be retrieved using libkonq? In that case,
count me in as another (potential, likely) user of that.
--
sebas