4.2 on Debian Experimental Refactoring Alert :-)

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Tue Jan 27 16:35:47 CET 2009

On Tuesday 27 January 2009 15:48:02 Rob Scheepmaker wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 January 2009 14:13:28 David Baron wrote:
> > Just put in on, looks good after re-configuring my wallpaper and a couple
> > of crashes.
> >
> > All in all 4.2 looks great (except I cannot get rid of those
> > notifications which did not appear in 4.1)!
>
> If you don't like the new plasma style notifications, you can revert to the
> old ones. Edit you plasma-appletrc and add the following:
>
> [AppletGlobals][plasma_applet_systemtray]
> ShowNotifications=false

Thanks.
Now I get them on the upper right and can click anywhere on them to dismiss.
Before, they were on the lower right, larger and one had to click [X}
In KDE 4.1, they did not appear at all. I did not miss them :-)
(These messages are firewall blocking actions and there are plenty. I want to
disable them entirely as I can always view in dmesg or in the logs.)