External apps and theme change

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 19:30:27 CET 2009

> Marco > plasma application or simply another app that uses svg themes may or
> Marco > may not want to use the same theme (eg krunner and lancelot yes,
Yes, those two could easily be filtered by existing mechanisms

> this is probably the most sensible place for such a thing without creating
> a kded module for it.
Haven't considered kded at all - IMO, it would be overkill

> well, another thing i considered was putting a KDirWatch on the config file
> in Plasma::Theme and re-reading it when it changes.
Heh, those simple solutions have always eluded me somehow. :) (and I like D-
Bus)

> it might make sense to have a separate file for "plasma enabled apps global
I think this would be good even without regarding the currently discussed
issue because this way it is hard to differentiate which settings are for the
plasmaapp, and which are for the library, and therefore for all plasma based
apps. plasmaglobalrc?

Cheers

--
You know, there are many people in the country today who,
through no fault of their own, are sane. Some of them were born sane.