plasma studio

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Wed Jan 21 17:27:31 CET 2009

On Wednesday 21 January 2009 18:10:15 Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> hey,
> just to make sure i'm not stepping on anyone's toes, and to keep you
> informed, i started working a bit on the plasma studio.
> for now there's nothing at all to show, i'll see if i can get something at
> least... with some buttons, an editor or an interface (:P) for the tokamak.
>
> so i really just started with hacking, right now the app doesn't do
> anything useful at all, but I hope i'll manage to do something in the
> coming days. i'm interested in tackling this bit of our roadmap to 4.3 also
> because i really want to put an end word to plasmagik and finally be able
> to ship it after (yay!) 3.5+ years of refactoring and "development"! =)
>
> Bye,
> -Riccardo
Cool--I wouldn't find playing with it.

Of course, there is the qt4-designer to which widgets can be added. The new
kdevelop, whenever...., need templates and integration. While waiting, I have
been using Netbeans which is along the same idea but only has integration for
Java-GUI design. There is also the venerable Monkey-studio but I do not know
how expandable into kde and plasma it be.