signal clicked()

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Mon Jan 19 21:59:10 CET 2009

On Monday 19 January 2009 19:04:56 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday 19 January 2009, David Baron wrote:
> > I notice that some applets/icons will change there color/birghtness a bit
> > on hover. The device-monitor applet does this as do any shortcuts or
> > folders I placed on the panel. How do I do this?
>
> it's part of Plasma::IconWidget.
>
> you can also do it yourself for custom items by reacting on hover events
> and starting an animation that uses one of the KPixmapEffects. take a look
> at the code in IconWidget to see how it does it if you're interested.
>
> generally, though, just use the Plasma widget classes. you'll save yourself
> a lot of grief. there are rather few reasons to do all your painting.

Functionality in QIcon as well (iconWidget might get it from there). Since I
am using KIcon, well, very easy!

Both myself and the original correspondent might have been best off starting
with the iconWidget and that has a bona-fide clicked() signal! Without better
docs, we start out with the sample code which is a bare applet subclass and no
hints of other or added possibilities.