Review Request: Also save extender item config when not detached, and save collapsed state.

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Mon Jan 19 14:53:24 CET 2009

On Friday 16 January 2009 18:31:02 Rob Scheepmaker wrote:
> The question is, do we want this change in behavior? I personally think
> it's worth it. Second question is, do we want this backported to 4.2.
> Again, I think yes, but can we do this considering the freeze?

Oh and another behaviour change that might be worth making in this area:
ExtenderItems' titles are persisted. These are translated, which is probably
bad news if the user changes their desktop language, especially if applet
programmers start doing things like depending on the saved title for something
else, then the locale changes, then some test compares the saved (old-
language) value with some value from the new-language.

Will