signal clicked()

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Jan 18 18:59:40 CET 2009

On Sunday 18 January 2009, David Baron wrote:
> On Sunday 18 January 2009 12:12:49 Toussis Manolis wrote:
> > On Sunday 18 January 2009 09:34:49 David Baron wrote:
> > > void MyApplet::mousePressEvent ( QGraphicsSceneMouseEvent *ev ) {
> > >     if  ( signalsBlocked() ) {
> > >         Plasma::Applet::mousePressEvent( ev );
> > >         return;
> > >     }..........
> >
> > I tried what you proposed... but the above doesn't work with drag/move
> > operations... :-(
> > If I click and hold on the applet , instead of moving my popup menu
> > appears...
>
> I cannot vouch for when and if the signalsBocked will return true.
> Mouse pressed is not really a click -- this would be press & release.
> However, this is all we have.

that's because there is no defined behaviour for clicking on an applet,
really, unlike say a PushButton where the behaviour is quite well defined and
therefore there is a signal and it does all of the
mousePress/mouseReleaseEvent stuff for you.

this is exactly how it works with QWidget as well, of course.

Applet is a lot more like QWidget than, say, QPushButton

humru othro a kohnu se