Making paths case insensitive in krunner

Diaa Sami diaasami at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 01:38:48 CET 2009

Hi,

My name is Diaa sami and I'm relatively new to KDE development, recently I've been working on making path completion in KDE case insensitive[1], which should be more productive, I've already made Konqueror, Dolphin and the file dialogs provide case-insensitive path completion, these changes are already in KDE 4.2
I was thinking that when launching files and folders in krunner using the Locations plugin, paths shouldn't be case-sensitive, or at least it can be an option.
upon examining the code I found that it's krunner that needs modification because it is where the type of the command is determined(and found to be a file or a folder).

I've already wrote the code to recognize and correct paths with incorrect case, but I did it in a separate application for easier testing and debugging.

so what do you think?

Regards,
Diaa Sami

[1] http://lists.kde.org/?t=122072893300001&r=1&w=2