FrameSvg corruption [a bit urgent]

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Jan 16 11:03:20 CET 2009

On Friday 16 January 2009, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> We first store the size into s, and then do a q->resize(). Why?

store the size it currently is set at.
reset to the document's natural size to calculate the borders.
reset back to the size it was.

the assumption here, which works with other svgs, is that the borders are a
fixed size.

so what happens when borders aren't fixed size but are meant to be scalable is
that when the svg is resized to its natural size, the borders resize to some
"random" size relative to the actual content they border.

i'm going to guess your borders are scalable elements?

i was concerned when making this change that we'd eventually need a hint to
differentiate between the two approaches. here's the change in any case:

	http://websvn.kde.org/?view=rev&revision=905645

if you revert that change and switch from, say, oxygen to aya then back to
oxygen with a folderview on your desktop you'll see the problem pretty
clearly.

> When those two lines switch places, so that s is the newest size,
> everything is ok. (I'll keep testing whether it is just accident)

yes, it's incorrect. it means the svg would take the natural size the
document, not the size it had been set to.

humru othro a kohnu se