FrameSvg corruption [a bit urgent]

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Jan 16 03:44:25 CET 2009

On Thursday 15 January 2009, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> The patch hasn't made any changes for me (not for better, nor worse)

ok.. on the one hand, too bad. on the other hand, it's more correct so it not
breaking it more is a good thing.

> > which would result in checking the svg on every invalid entry, which
> > would in turn cause the creation of the QSvgRenderer. that would
> > completely ruin
>
> Yes it would, but I can not find where is the problem with caching.

we just need to keep looking.

one thing that might be enlightening is to see if resize is getting called at
any point with (0, 0). resizing invalidates the cached local entries and will
access different entries ... though one would expect that when actually drawn
at whatever size the buttons are drawn they are the correct size.

tomorrow i'll try and write some tests to track it down. which svg file(s) in
particular is the problematic one(s)?

> (although I could argue that when we have an invalid entry, we should read
> it again,

why? it's not going to magically become invalid.

> but obviously, it would be much better not to have invalid
> entries :) )

the theming relies in several places on the idea of non-existent elements. all
of the hints, for instance.

humru othro a kohnu se