Very simple Python plasmoids questions

Luca Beltrame einar at heavensinferno.net
Sat Jan 10 16:07:12 CET 2009

Hello,

as I'm starting to get my feet wet with Applets, I did so by "porting" the
example "Hello, world" in the Techbase tutorial to Python (if anyone is
interested I could put it somewhere, or create a TechBase page perahps?).
Aside for icon names, which have changed ("document" in the tutorial is now
"x-office-document"), the transition was smooth and the plasmoid works as
expected, minus for one thing.

There's a small, green square behind the top left corner of the plasmoid (see
the attached screenshot), and I don't know if it's expected behavior or not.
(this is with KDE 4.1.87, and a fresher kdebindings checkout)

The listing, in Python, is also attached. If needed I can also provide the
Plasma package, since it's very small (2K).

Thanks!