Questions about Plasma Activities

Virtual Sky Solutions virtualsky.sk at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 14:56:04 CET 2009

> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 18:23:27 -0700
> From: "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo at kde.org>
> Subject: Re: Questions about Plasma Activities
> To: plasma-devel at kde.org
>
> On Friday 09 January 2009, Virtual Sky Solutions wrote:
> > Apart from making the background "themeable", how about changing the
> > colours of the checkerboard grid to match more along the lines of what the
> > user might have set in his/her desktop (wallpaper) settings.
>
> which desktop wallpaper?
> which wallpaper plugin?
>
> i'm afraid that this idea doesn't match up with the design very well. =/
>
> i currently have a few different Activities, all with rather different
> wallpapers. two are images, and once is the interactive mandelbrot set.

Good point, Aaron.  Thanks for replying.  So why not let the user decide?

We can configure all the other desktops (Activities).  I think not being able to configure this also doesn't quite match up with the design very well either.  I can understand the concern about limiting resource drain that KDE has, but what does it matter if I want a black / grey checkerboard vs. a white / grey?  Granted, I'm not a programmer.

David.