Welcome to 4.3.

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 21:35:13 CET 2009

On Friday 09 January 2009, Michael Rudolph wrote:
> 2009/1/7 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> >> aaand the big thing of course:
> >> plasma-mid: this one as far i understood doesn't depend totally from us,
> >> but any development on that?
> >
> > yes, that's another area for R&D =)
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm not sure spying on the competition counts as R&D :-), but those
> who haven't seen it already, might want to take a look at Palm's new
> Pre.
>
> I've only seen a rather bad video on gizmodo of the official unveiling
> of the device, but from what I could understand, they had some very
> interesting ideas for how such a device should work for (or with) the
> user. Perhaps some of those ideas also shine through in the actual
> implementation, for us to be inspired by :-)

as far i understood main thing it has it's like a cool alt+tab effect, so it
would be needed like desktop effects on the device...
or if all aplications in the devices are just plasmoids it could be done just
by a zoom out effect..
so there's a question: make an interface that conceive just plasmoids as its
applications or support also regular good pld windows? think the latter woud b
better even if plasmoids should be preferred, more addapt to the small frm
factor..

Cheers,
Marco Martin