runners and KIO::NetAccess

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jan 8 23:18:50 CET 2009

On Thursday 08 January 2009, Petri Damstén wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If i try to do KIO::NetAccess::download or KIO::NetAccess::synchronousRun
> in a runner I get a crash. I can't figure out how should I download data
> from the net in runners?

well, for one, these downloads will need to be fast to be useful to the user,
or we'll need to provide for a really "slow boat" for these kinds of runners
(e.g. don't launch them during typing, but only after typing ceases for a
period of time or upon some other user generated signal)

> #0  0x00007f38f0fdc50f in KIO::TransferJob::sendAsyncData (this=0x15fbf00,
> dataForSlave=@0x43195ec0)
>     at /home/damu/Development/src/kdelibs/kio/kio/job.cpp:1028

i'll wager that kio isn't thread safe ;) if you put a shared (e.g. class
static) mutex in your runner that wraps the KIO usage, does it then work?

humru othro a kohnu se