kde community plasma integration

George Goldberg grundleborg at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 7 22:06:53 CET 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 8:55 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/7/09, Frank Karlitschek <karlitschek at kde.org> wrote:
>>

>>  2. People
>>
>>  Place a plasmoid on the desktop where users can find other kde users in the
>> same city or region. You can contact users, ask questions, become friends
>> and do screensharing. This is a nice tool for community building. We don´t
>> want to show the billion of teens from facebook on our desktop. This is
>> about building and pushing the KDE and free desktop community.
>
> what would be cool is to abstract the contact concept sonwould'be
> important if your contact is just by email, or twitter, or opendesktop
> or kopete, the thing just have to make you know he said

There were some discussions about this at Akademy 08 when planning the
future of Decibel, and it seemed to be the conclusion that Nepomuk was
going to have this concept of a "person" or "contact" which would then
be connected to all the different ways you communicate them and other
stuff etc... Haven't heard anything on this for a while though, but if
its still happening, it would be a great basis for the idea of people
in plasma.

---
George Goldberg