Welcome to 4.3.

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 06:22:14 CET 2009

On January 6, 2009 18:30:35 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> So we booked the hotel in Porto over the weekend for Tokamak II. No
turning
> back now! The Big Topics will all turn around what we doing for 4.3 and
> beyond. So now is a good time to start thinking about that .. why?
>
> Because, if you somehow managed to miss the news, 4.2 RC1 was
tagged and a
> 4.2 branch made. That means trunk is now open for 4.3.

huzzah! :)

> 	* Improving the Basic JavaScript engine more and more
> 	* Implementing that security framework!

yes. security. please. :)
*poke* so have you found those notes yet?

> * Plasma Meets World: this is the JOLIE work that must finally make it
into
> libplasma so that people can discover a new level of interoperability and
> power with their computers, and so Fabricio doesn't hang me by my
toes ;)

yay!

> * further work on per-desktop views
> * revisit the zooming system and refine, refine
> * cashew-pops-up-dashboard?

urgh, the zooming. I'd like to discuss that at tokamak. :)

> * Plasma::Message for plasmoids to show messages in a generic but
pretty
> fashion to the user, e.g. the folderview saying "can't reach the network"

are we thinking overlay (like needsconfiguring) or a Notification?

> ... btw ... I think that if we just keep doing what we've been doing and
> keep having fun at it, we're going to BLOW MINDS with 4.3. =)

yes indeed. :) plasma already looks stunning.

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com