More DataEngines questions

Luca Beltrame einar at heavensinferno.net
Sun Jan 4 12:29:11 CET 2009

On domenica 4 gennaio 2009 12:03:21 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> well, sources are created on demand, though. there are a few million
> twitter users; we don't load everyone's account in the TwitterEngine ;)

Well, I think I'm finally getting the grasp of it. I was misled by the term
"source"... technically a Twitter account is a source as well, right?

I think the thing could be set up much easier than I originally thought.
Here's the workflow as it could work:

- User puts in the term "foo" as in search term;
- The term "foo" is used as source in the DataEngine, which then fetches the
information;
- Said information is then presented to the user.

Am I correct? And if so, does a DataEngine keep in memory the result of old
sources? (asking to evaluate the performnce and resource consumption).

> so in such a situation, your DataEngine would only need to create the
> sources requested.

Again, I was misled by the term "source". I didn't think my queries could be
sources (as in fact, they could).