Fwd: Re: Plasma themed tabbox

Martin Gräßlin kde at martin-graesslin.com
Sat Feb 28 13:42:13 CET 2009

Attached is the diff for the Plasma styled tabbox after Nuno's visual review.

Short summary of the visual changes:
 * usage of smallestReadableFont instead of default font
 * text is aligned to bottom instead of vertical center
 * bigger distance between items (+2 pixels)
 * active client has the "focus" background of task applet
 * all other clients have no background
 * font is not changed for active client any more
 * minimum tabbox size is 1/5 instead of 1/3 of screen as the font's smaller

I just searched for screenshots of tabbox and the oldest I found is from 2004
(from this mail http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=107557526413175&w=2). And
since then the tabbox has not been visually changed at all except changing the
frame style. So it's really time for it ;-) And thanks a lot to Nuno for his
help. Here's a screenshot:
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3500/tabboxbigicons.png

I also changed some other things like calculating the width includes the
optional desktop name and when the tabbox is too high for the screen one more
item is dropped to have a better visual appearance.