Problems with QGraphicsLayout

Matthias Fuchs mat69 at gmx.net
Fri Feb 27 13:52:47 CET 2009

On Freitag 27 Februar 2009 12:47:12 Artur Souza(MoRpHeUz) wrote:
> On Friday 27 February 2009 08:32:31 Matthias Fuchs wrote:
> > I tried QSizePolicy::Preferred, updateGeometry() on the layout,
> > invalidate and adjustSize on both the labels and the layout. Maybe the
> > order in which I called these methods was wrong or maybe I'm doing
> > something stupid, it did not work.
>
> Try to set the preferred size of the Plasma::Label...something like:
>
> label->setPreferredSize(QSize(200,200));
>
> that should solve your issue if I'm not crazy right in the morning =P

Either I misunderstood what you meant or this does not solve the problem as it
rather makes the Labels larger than needed in most cases.

The Labels shall only be as large as the text is. One reason for that is that
I use isUnderMouse() to detect clicks on the label and I also set a cursor for
the label. And empty space should not result in a different cursor or in
visiting a website if you click on it.

Cheers!