Problems with QGraphicsLayout

Matthias Fuchs mat69 at gmx.net
Fri Feb 27 12:32:31 CET 2009

Hello,

I'm having problems with QGraphicsLayout.

In my case I have a QGraphicsLinearLayout filled with a Plasma::Label, a
Strech and another Plasma::Label.
Often the Label-Text is changed after that I recreate the Layout -- as the
Labels might or might not be shown.
The problem I have is that it seems like the size of the Labels is not
adjusted. So sometimes they are larger than they should be other times they
are smaller.

I tried QSizePolicy::Preferred, updateGeometry() on the layout, invalidate and
adjustSize on both the labels and the layout. Maybe the order in which I
called these methods was wrong or maybe I'm doing something stupid, it did not
work.

The layout code is here: http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/145/diff/#4 line 152.
The problematic code is starting at line 178.
The Labels are created starting with line 127.

Can someone help me here?