Plasma themed tabbox

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Feb 25 20:18:26 CET 2009

On Tuesday 24 February 2009 12:20:06 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> I worked on Plasma themeing the normal tabbox (without effects). So far
> everything seems to work ;-)
>
> As this is my first work on anything related to QGraphicsView/Plasma I
> cc-ed Plasma devs. Please have a look at the patch and tell me what I have
> done wrong (probably thousands of things). Especially there is still a
> white border around the tabbox and I don't know how to get rid of it.

The Plasma theme provides two sorts of graphics, one for composited (with
smooth edges and translucent shadow) and one for non-composited, which are a
bit more pixelised. The dialog in your screenshot looks like it's using the
plasma theme's graphics for compositing enabled while the window doesn't have
translucency available (konsole apparently has) and thus paints those areas
white -- that's the shadow on the white border then.

> The old tabbox highlights the background of the active item. I decided to
> just change the font of the item (underline and bold) and apply an icon
> effect. I don't know if it is enough to indicate the currently selected
> item.
>
> Minimized windows used to have a different color. Here I choose an italic
> font instead. Icon effect still the same.

The Plasma theme for the tasks widgets has these highlighted window button,
that should work well visually with the taskbar (which essentially is another
window switcher).

> Here some screenshots:
>  * http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4466/plasmatabbox.png
>  * http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/9282/plasmadesktopbox.png