theme idea

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Feb 24 22:09:33 CET 2009

On Tuesday 24 February 2009, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> (replying as a user)
>
> I would say yes. I would like to see plasma using more "native" themes. It
> feels "not kde-ish" to me.

you're missing (reply as a designer) in which you'd explore the ideas of:

* theme continuity
* art direction freedom
* the idea that the desktop shell items should look distinct from app items as
a clear distinction between the "walls" and the "paintings hung on the walls"

> (replying as a developer)
> Above all - think about the how hard and buggy this implementation would
> get. Can  you have it stable by KDE 4.4? KDE 4.3 have it as a fall back,
> for "testing only" with an hidden
> command-line/environment-variable/configuration-option for testers.

it's a simple if (foo) { QGraphicsProxyWidget::paint(pass in members); return;
}

> Specially if this would (even in theory) make plasma-desktop unstable.

no.

humru othro a kohnu se