plasma::applet painter

Toussis Manolis manolis at koppermind.homelinux.org
Sat Feb 21 17:53:16 CET 2009

Thank you very much on answering my question.

On Saturday 21 February 2009 18:34:27 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Saturday 21 February 2009, Toussis Manolis wrote:
> > I want to add some effect to an applet
>
> what effect are you trying to achieve? because while you ask how to get a
> pixmap of your widget, depending on what effect you are trying to achieve
> that may not be what you actually want to be doing.

I was thinking of implementing a fadout effect of the old snapshot of the
applet.
I need the QPixmap to draw it with Opacity degrading from 1.0 to 0.0 ... So it
will not be visible any more, and the new painting is shown 100%.
On animation end, a new "screenshot" of the QPixmap is stored for the next
update of the applet contents.
I don't know how it will look, but couldn't find any way to implement it.
Any proposals are appreciated... :-)