plasma-mid

Artur Souza(MoRpHeUz) morpheuz at openbossa.org
Fri Feb 20 11:39:52 CET 2009

hi!

On Friday 20 February 2009 00:53:28 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> but we ought to turn some guns on plasma-mid as well, but only if we have
> them to spare.
>
> realistically, i'm already maxed out and can't give it the care, attention
> and love it will take to make plasma-mid all that it should be. i can be
> here to support that effort and even contribute, but for it to become a
> reality, someone needs to make it Their Baby.
>
> is there anyone on the list who'd be up for that? it would mean:

Here is the deal: I really have to give some love to Plasmate but, if I can
find a student from GSoC to work either on Plasmate or on plasma-mid, I would
really love to have a baby like plasma-mid. I'm just not sure I can handle
plasma-mid + plasmate "full time" as both deserve a lot of attention...

> if you're already busy with other important plasma things (yes, i'm looking
> at you marco ;) please don't shift your attention just because of this
> email. worst case scenario is plasma-mid sits for a little longer, best
> case is that someone with some time available each week who hasn't found
> "their niche" yet in plasma will be excited about helping create the future
> of netbooks and get obsessed with plasma-mid. :)

In worst scenario we can have some people taking care of plasma-mid (even if
it's not their _main_ baby). I mean, me + marco + sebas? + aaron + whoever is
interested would make it happen.....slower than if someone had it as a baby
but it would work...

So, I'm really looking forward someone willing to help either on Plasmate or
Plasma-mid....in both scenarios I would love to have plasma-mid as my baby
(for some reason I feel that this conversation taken out of context would look
strange hehe =P ).

Cheers!

PS: maybe I can bug pinheiro + some canola's designer to help on the mockup of
this thing....hhmmm ;)

Artur Duque de Souza
OpenBossa Research Labs
INdT - Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia