Plasma, ARGB and 4.5

Fredrik Höglund fredrik at kde.org
Tue Feb 17 23:59:12 CET 2009

On Monday 16 February 2009, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Monday 16 February 2009, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Friday 13 February 2009, Marco Martin wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > > right now plasma enables argb visuals with that magin X11 code pasted in
> > > many places...
> > > since 4.5 now can handle it
> > > by setting Qt::WA_TranslucentBackground on the top level window we want
> > > transparent we can make it in a prettier way
> >
> > that would be nice.
> done,
> seems to work quite good, except for two things:
> the tooltips seems to insist that they don't want to be transparent
> the systemtray has garbage again with the raster graphicssystem (so i didn't
> dream it up) i'm not sure if that's the case also with the old method btw

Reverting r907753 should fix the systray icons.

You'll have to read my reply on kde-commits for the details, but the short
version is that the move to using Qt::WA_TranslucentBackground combined
with that patch means that Plasma is now explicitly telling Qt (and Gtk) to
not use real transparency for the systray icons.

Regards,
Fredrik