Fun with Akonadi Dataengine

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Tue Feb 17 21:01:18 CET 2009

Latest from playground SVN.

I re-downloaded and compared with the older code. The only real difference
besides the volume of diagnostic printout is that the ContactCollection-# list
is made at a completion event rather than immediately on
connectSource(ContactCollections).

Such could alleviate some of the panel delay I encountered when doing this
directly in init(). However, this is a small amount of data at this point. The
delay was more from the log-jam on kde/plasma startup. For example, with the
older dataengine, it took almost 90 seconds before I got the contacts to start
dataUpdate-ing. Later on, run from the plasmoidviewer, this same thing
completes in several seconds.

With the new code, I will not have any useful return from query until I have
the equivalent in dataUpdate. This is why it did not work. I should recode it
so it would work either way.