Fun with Akonadi Dataengine

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Feb 17 16:41:38 CET 2009

On Tuesday 17 February 2009 14:13:10 David Baron wrote:

> > > The panel on which the applet is nested delays coming up when I do it
> > > directly in init().
> >
> > Have you tried connecting to ContactCollections, and then checking for
> > data of this one in dataUpdated()? This would be non-blocking. (Fetching
> > the collections is pretty fast here, so I wouldn't have thought it's
> > necessary.)
>
> This is what I am doing. This gives me one (more?) ContactConnection-#. It
> is connecting to this, oro mre accurately, its contents that needs the
> QTimer. Doing the initial connect was put in the timer because otherwize,
> it delayed the panel from coming up.

Some more:

- if you run  'plasmaengineexplorer --engine akonadi', how long does it take
to start up? (instantly or a couple of seconds?)

- if you request the source 'ContactCollections', how long does it take until
it returns results?

- I've just made the fetching of the collectionlist async as well, can you svn
up and recompile the akonadi dataengine to see if that helps?
--
sebas