Plasma, ARGB and 4.5

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 11:29:50 CET 2009

On Monday 16 February 2009, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Monday 16 February 2009, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Friday 13 February 2009, Marco Martin wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > > right now plasma enables argb visuals with that magin X11 code pasted
> > > in many places...
> > > since 4.5 now can handle it
> > > by setting Qt::WA_TranslucentBackground on the top level window we want
> > > transparent we can make it in a prettier way
> >
> > that would be nice.
>
> done,
> seems to work quite good, except for two things:
> the tooltips seems to insist that they don't want to be transparent
> the systemtray has garbage again with the raster graphicssystem (so i
> didn't dream it up) i'm not sure if that's the case also with the old
> method btw
update: tred with the latest qt snapshot and tooltips opacity is automagigally
fixed there, so we just have to be a bit patient :D
also some other little annoyances are fixed:
on autohide panels the cashew was disappearing
also the weather icon was disappearing when the tab were switched from 5 days
view to details

those 2 issues are fixed as well :D