Plasma and KWin Integration

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Feb 16 13:34:43 CET 2009

On Thursday 12 February 2009 17:44:14 Jamboarder wrote:
> > From: Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org>
> >... For more conservative setups, we can use the Aya
> > theme, which should be improved. The general idea of re-using the theme's
> > colors is feasible I think, though probably not for the default Oxygen
> > (Air) theme. The Aya theme does need some touch-ups though.
>
> Let me know what you'd like to see improved in Aya and I'll work on it.

I hadn't had a look at Aya in a while (I think only at what has been shipped
with OpenSuse). I'm now running it for a bit and I think it looks much better
already.

- I'm not totally sold one the right border, for some applets, it looks good,
  for others, it looks unrefined. It's also shown on the applet handle, making
  it look out of balance (between handle left/right) Why is this border there
  at all?

- The black text doesn't give enough contrast on the folderview at the top

- same goes for IconWidgets, inside the toolbox for example, also the text on
  the taskbar buttons looks unrefined

- The menu that pops up for grouped tasks is missing the highlights, there's
  no hover feedback for the tasks right now

Otherwise, Aya has come quite far, congrats to that!
--
sebas