Fun with Akonadi Dataengine

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Sun Feb 15 15:44:13 CET 2009

I have this thing working now. A few points:

1. The ContactCollection-# loads all the contacts but they are not necessarily
accessible at this point. I might have to try connectAllSources(this, 0)
several times to get them. Would some poll interval be better here, even
though this is not "that type of data." I have no point in the program to run
this execpt of activate, i.e. show the GUI. It might not work the first time.
Any advice--the ContactCollections/ContactCollection-# can be exercised in
init().

2. query(source) would be a way of getting one contact if I know his ID. How
would I similarly get the whole list (of Contact-####) in a synchronous
manner?

3. Barring this,  a way of knowing that I have all the current entries is
still needed. Actually, when I actually I do get calls to dataUpdated(), I
will quickly get "all" of them (barring later changes to the data).