Qt 4.5 and KDE 4.2

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 13:15:36 CET 2009

On February 13, 2009 02:59:03 Alexis Ménard wrote:
> 2009/2/13 Chani <chanika at gmail.com>
>
> > > Therefore, in order to provide the best possible user experience,
> > > please let us know of issues you encounter, especially in Plasma
> > > combined with
> >
> > Qt
> >
> > > 4.5. The Plasma team is willing to work out the kinks that might be
> >
> > there,
> >
> > > but we'll need help testing the fixes. The good news is that the issues
> >
> > are
> >
> > > usually quite well visible, so they should be rather easy to catch,
> > > just watch out for screwed up layouting, especially where widgets
> > > resize dynamically. The twitter applet comes to mind here, for example.
> >
> > since 4.5, keyboard shortcuts only work on the dashboard and screensaver,
> > not
> > on the desktop alone. I haven't been able to figure out why, and haven't
> > ruled
> > out the possibility that something changed around the same *time* as 4.5
> > came
> > in. I'd really appreciate it if someone could test for that in kde4.2 -
> > now that I'm safey home I kinda need to go dig myself out of the backlog
> > of homework and it'll take a while :)
>
> Since 4.5 QGraphicsWidget support shorcuts, i guess they clash, i am
> actually taking a look on it.

but if they clash, they should clash on the dashboard too. that's why I'm
confused. thanks for looking at it...
oh, and other shortcuts on the desktop do work, it's just the ones in my code
that don't. so perhaps you're right. hmm. it still seems odd.
I suppose I should try commenting out the containment's widget association
functions and see what happens.

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com