battery monitor plasmoid changes

Nuno Pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Fri Feb 13 02:15:47 CET 2009

A Friday 13 February 2009 00:28:33, Roman Shtylman escreveu:
> Thanks for the input...quite valuable for someone just starting out.
>
> I like the continuous display, but as Nuno points out, with a bit more
> steps 10 should do it, that would be just as good for smaller icon
> displays. It may be something that the code can switch to/from...that
> can be decided later.
>
> I am interested in this scaling/stepping issue you mentioned and would
> like to have a go at it if I could get some more info about the
> behavior you want to achieve that would be great.

its rather simple we just with 4 bars can have 0, 1 red 0,5 semitrasparent, 1,
1.5 semitrasparent uper bar 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, and 4 results in 10 difrent
states. this is quite comon in small devices couse it uses very litle space an
can provide alot of info, in a very easy to tell apart way...

now as pixel prefection goes.... for each size we should align the pars to the
rendering grisd this can be done via using difrent svg's for each size. we can
do several sizes like 16x16 18x18 20x20 22x22 24x24 28x28 32x32 40x40 48x48
etc.... biguer than 64x64 we can use just one svg the propotion betwin the
blured edge and the size of the actual elements makes the blur less obvius..

--
Oxygen coordinator