[PATCH] fade out panel in desktopgrid
thomas.luebking at web.de
Wed Feb 11 17:07:12 CET 2009
Am Wednesday 11 February 2009 schrieb Lubos Lunak:
> Difficulty, not impossibility.
this may sound very silly, but if the problem is that
- we don't want one panel setup / deskwidget per _NET_WM_DESKTOP (e.g. to save
memory or whatever)
- panels and desktops appear different depending on _NET_WM_DESKTOP
where's the problem with having FX that rely on displaying multiple desktops
(aka the grid (all), the cube (at least two))
- set _NET_WM_DESKTOP
- trigger an update for the panel/desktop type XWidget
- copy the composite output into a buffer
- increase _NET_WM_DESKTOP
- ... loop on
this of course a little bit breaks the idea of the composite extension, as
these windows do no more represent the current state of the window but some
kind of pre-composite static buffer, but
- it applies to few windows
- those will likely not change the apperance (alot) as
- the effect is usually only displayed for a short while
- one desktop can remain "live"
- we just ruled out a parallel solution...
(in principle, this could be applied ot all sticky wins, but that's probably
just for the records:
i like neither hiding (why should one?) the panel nor keeping it global (as
long as it's not fully interactive as well)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Plasma-devel