Review Request: Libkonq support for the nepomuk search runner

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Feb 10 20:02:09 CET 2009

On Saturday 31 January 2009, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> During the boattrip at last year's Akademy, I discussed with David having
> Konqi's history available more widely, especially the browserhistory runner
> (which atm only uses the immediate history from konqi's addressline). I
> understand that Konqi's history can be retrieved using libkonq?

No, not anymore. It was, in kde3, and during the kde4 development I found out
that nothing out of konqueror needed it so I moved it into konqueror.
Crappy, heh? Now it's needed elsewhere again.... But well, in a readonly manner,
no real need for exporting an API that allows people to mess with the konq history...
Since you can't rely on konq running, I guess loading from the binary file is
the only thing we can do. What output do you need from it? A simple KUrl::List?
A KParts::HistoryProvider can also notify you when the history is modified?
(KonqHistoryManager is a KParts::HistoryProvider so that would work).
But I'm wondering if you need the fields from KonqHistoryEntry
(title, typedUrl? Hmm, I guess so).

About the location of the shared code, I would say libkonq, since I don't see the problem
with a konq-specific runner being implemented in kdebase/apps. Given that apps has
a dependency on workspace, it's certainly ok to put a runner in apps that implements
konq-specific stuff, isn't it? Or does it support multiple browsers? (but then, could the
konq part be splitted out from the rest maybe?)