Right clicking on applet on panel gets different events

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Dec 31 19:21:03 CET 2009

On December 30, 2009, Dong Tiger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The applet has a QWidget embedded through QGraphicsProxyWidget. When moved
> to a panel, the first several right clicking will trigger
> QGraphicsView::contextMenuEvent, which is expected. But
> after that, QGraphicsProxyWidget::mouseReleaseEvent will be triggered
> instead.  Here is the backtraces for the two different path. Any idea of
> that?

looking at the code in Qt, the event just gets passed from the widget itself.
that implies to me that something somewhere is calling setContextMenuPolicy on
the view and/or the embedded proxy widget with the wrong thing.

perhaps if you set a breakpoint on QWidget::setContextMenuPolicy it might turn
something up, or just a grep through the code for setContextMenuPolicy might
as well.

humru othro a kohnu se