Weather plasmoids ...

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Dec 31 19:04:57 CET 2009

On December 31, 2009, Andreas Scherf wrote:
> So whats about collection weather information via a single interface?

it's called a DataEngine and it already exists for weather.

the reason why some of the weather applets out there show more data than
others is multiple and includes:

* some widgets that implement their own weather data fetching are using the
sources of data illegally according to the terms and services of the owners of
that data as published on their websites. obviously we can't be quite so
cavalier upstream

* some widgets have decided to implement their own data gathering systems
instead of working on the shared one (the weather DataEngine)

my recommendation to you is to find new sources of data and implement plugins
for them for the weather DataEngine. that's what the fellow who worked on the
wetter.com plugin did, to the benefit of all in 4.4

humru othro a kohnu se