webkit scriptengine & multiple plasmoids

Petri Damstén petri.damsten at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 10:55:46 CET 2009

On Tuesday 22 December 2009 23:40:19 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On December 20, 2009, Petri Damstén wrote:

> > > seems an hacky workaround, but i can'r really think about a possible
> > > real cause of this...
> > > could be a bug in webkit itself, maybe has some internal sigleton class
> > >  that gets in an inconsistent state when two pages load the same url in
> > > the same moment? seems terribly unlikely but...
> >
> > I can reproduce this bug with a small Qt only app
> > (http://aryhma.oy.cx/damu/webkit-test.tar.gz). It seems that if the same
> > javascript file is included in multiple html files that are loaded at the
> >  same time then loadFinished signal is emitted too early. Should this
> > have a workaround in webkit script engine until this is fixed in
> > Qt/webkit?
>
> if it has been reported against Qt/Webkit, then yes, we can have a
> (documented) work around in the code that we can remove when Qt/Webkit is
> fixed.

Noticed that if javascript is embedded in html it works, so this could have a
work around also on those rare webkit applets that are run in multiple
instances.

Qt bug tracker seems to recommend webkit bug tracker for webkit bugs but this
bug is related to qt/webkit signals (of course it still might be a webkit bug)
so I'm not sure what would be the right place for the report.

Petri